12 Ago WALK OF ART 2017
Celebrating the best of Sam.
from August 25 to 3 September 2017
Friday, 25 August:
13.00 hrs. Press Cocktail – Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains
14.00 hrs. – Press Conference – Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains
15.00 hrs – Press Walk of Art 1 + 2 – Peter Lindbergh, Florian Wagner, Lenny Kravitz on Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains – Vladimir Velickovic and Venini Art of Glass on Forum Paracelsus – Roger Ballen on Karsten Greve Gallery – David Hockney on Robiland & Voena – Best of ten years of St. Moritz Art Masters on Protestant Church
PHOTOGRAPHY NIGHT dedicated to ART OF PIRELLI WORLD – Sponsored by PIRELLI – Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains – “by invitation only”
Saturday, 26 August
- Press and VIP Lunch at Hotel Bernina 1865, Samedan – “let’s eat art – cooked by Michelangelo“ – “by reservation only” – register to email@example.com
- “CARTIER GALA NIGHT ” – Badrutt’s Palace –“by invitation only”
Sunday, 27 August
- “KIDSDAY” CHILD & DOGS – Brunch – Badrutt’s Palace – register to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MONTBLANC / SAM FOUNDATION NIGHT – Dedicated to IMIBALA – Presented by TASCHEN – Charity Auction – Badrutt’s Palace – “by invitation only”
- Dinner “Venini Art of Glass” – dedicated to Venini – Monty Shadow and friends – Suvretta House – “by invitation only”
Wednesday, 30 August
- Tribute to the art galleries of the Engadin Valley – Brunch for the Art Galleries of St. Moritz and Engadin Valley – Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains – “by invitation only”
- “TRIBUTE to JAZZ” – Photographic exhibition of TASCHEN books – Evening in remembrance of Claude Nobs: Cocktail & Jazz Essay – Kulm, Country Club – “by invitation only”
Friday, 1 September
- GALA NIGHT – Yoox Net-a-Porter – Tribute to “DESIGN, ARCHITECTS & MUSIC” – Preview GTO FERRARI ART PORTFOLIO by Monty Shadow – “by invitation only” – Dinner – Kulm Hotel
Saturday, 2 September
- PATRONS DINNER (thank you to all participating Sponsors) – Kulm, Country Club – “by invitation only”
Walk of art
open to the public
1. St.Moritz – Protestant. Church, Ten years of SAM by Gallery Robilant+Voena –Tom Sachs, Julian Schnabel, Francesco Clemente, David Lachapelle, Vik Muniz, Wim Delvoye, Richard Long, Mimmo Rotella, Marino Marini, Lucio Fontana
2. St.Moritz – Karsten Greve Gallery, Roger Ballen
3. St.Moritz – Gallery Robilant+Voena, David Hockney
4. St.Moritz – Schoolhouse Gym – Montblanc Art Collection –Rina Banerjee, Angela Bulloch, Antonio de Felipe, Lori Hersberger, Keith Farquhar, Wang Yin, Mathieu Mercier, Christian Schmidt-Rasmussen, Chiharu Shiota, Luca Trevisani, Ulla von Brandenburg, Heimo Zobernig
5. St.Moritz – Kulm Hotel, Dusan Dzamonja, Anant Singh African Art
6.1 St.Moritz – Forum Paracelsus, Vladimir Velickovic
6.2 St.Moritz – Forum Paracelsus, Venini Art of Glass,
7.1 St.Moritz – Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains: Art from the Pirelli World including Peter Lindbergh’s Pirelli Calendars
7.2 St.Moritz –Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains: Lenny Kravitz «Flash»
7.3 St.Moritz – Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains: Florian Wagner
8.1 St.Moritz – Badrutt’s Palace, Imibala
8.2 St.Moritz -Badrutt’s Palace, Tribute to Salvador Dali’ by Scabal
9.1 St.Moritz – Suvretta House St.Moritz, Evelyne Brader-Frank ‚ Alpine Art Experience‘
9.2 St.Moritz – Suvretta House St.Moritz, Venini Glass
10 St.Moritz — Lake of St.Moritz, Oliver Kruse
11. Samedan Bernina Hotel – Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, François du Plessis,Tom Schmelzer, Joseph Marr, Nghia Nuyen, Sascha Berretz, David Koenig by Galerie Freitag 1830
12. Pontresina, Via Maistra, Pontresina Art Trail, Notta Caflisch, Carmen Casty, Patricia Jegher, Ursula Palla, Ines Marita Schärer, Jos Schmid, Gaudenz Signorell, Hannes und Petruschka Vogel, Karin Karinna Bühler, Beate Frommelt, Jan Käser, Almira Medaric, Arno Oehri, Annina Thomann
13. Madulain, Stalla Madulain, Constant Könz, Mazina Schmidlin-Könz, Luis Schmidlin
14. Zuoz, Gallery Monica De Cardenas, Markus Raetz
15. Zuoz, Hotel Castell, James Turell, Pipilotti Rist
17. Sils, Via Engadina, Alfred und Eka Bradler ‚Steinflut‘
18. Maloja, Galleria Maurizio, Alfred Bradler
At the end of August, St. Moritz Art Masters will launch its 10thedition. Once more this annual art festival will be the highlight of the summer program in St. Moritz, not only offering an extensive art program, but also providing a multifaceted platform for creative and business encounters.
Press Conference: August 25th, 2017, at 2 pm l Hotel Kempinski, St. Moritz Bath With Monty Shadow (Founder), Philipp Noller (Director)
Walk of Art: August 25th, 2017, 2.30 – 4.00 pm | Start at Hotel Kempinski – Duration: August 25th – September 3rd, 2017
The idyllic resort in the Upper Engadine was predestined for the project: located at the geographical center of the dynamic economic region between Zurich, Munich, and Milan, St. Moritz with its breathtaking Alpine landscape has always been a meeting point for artists, intellectuals, athletes, business leaders, and bon vivants from around the world. Over the years, its unique blend of style and charm has drawn illustrious figures, from Nietzsche and Segantini to Chaplin and Churchill, allowing for unexpected encounters and the informal exchange of ideas and visions.
For these reasons, Monty Shadow, founder and mastermind of St. Moritz Art Masters, saw in this legendary town the perfect setting to create a platform that encouraged such encounters – inspiring, rewarding, and unexpected. “St. Moritz is a unique place – it’s no surprise to me that many artists have been intrigued by it. They continuously enrich the Engadine with their artworks as well as their intellectual influence.” From the very beginning, the aim of St. Moritz Art Masters has been to make this abundance of inspiration, vision, and artistic perspectives on global affairs the setting for creative conversation. This serves to explain the very international program of exhibits which has been carried out over the past 9 years.
Artistic Line-Up – 10th edition of SAM:
With its carefully curated cross-genre program, St. Moritz Art Masters will feature a fine selection of international art – famed artists as well as new talents – for its 10th anniversary. Highlights include the Paracelsus Forum, where selected paintings and video works by Serbian-born artist Vladimir Veličković will be shown.
Another highlight will be a solo show with 12 works by British painter David Hockney, on view at the renowned gallery Robilant + Voena. Representing the “Best of St. Moritz Art Masters” a poignant group exhibition of 10 outstanding works, also curated by Robilant + Voena, will be shown at the Protestant Church of St. Moritz. Artist names and works will be announced shortly.
After celebrating the works of American photographer Albert Watson in 2016, St. Moritz Art Masters is proudly presenting another blockbuster artist this year: Peter Lindbergh. The Germanborn,
internationally celebrated fashion photographer will showcase a selection of his iconic work created in cooperation with Pirelli at Hotel Kempinski Grand Hotel Les Bains. At the same time, Galerie Karsten Greve will reintroduce the haunting black and white photographs of New York-born, South Africa-based artist Roger Ballen. With his distinctive visual narratives, Ballen has quickly risen to widespread acclaim.
Cartier Award: Flavio Manzoni
Italian designer Flavio Manzoni will be honored for his lifetime achievement with the Cartier Award on the opening weekend of St. Moritz Art Masters.
This year´s edition will be supplemented by an internationally selected group show in the historic setting of the Hotel Bernina in Samedan, as well as an homage to the African Art Scene through a presentation by the Imibala Foundation, on view at the Badrutt´s Palace Hotel in the heart of St. Moritz.
10th ST. MORITZ ART MASTERS 2017
Founder: Monty Shadow| Director: Philipp Noller (St. Moritz)
List of artists: Roger Ballen | Sascha Berretz | Rina Banerjee | Alfred und Eka Bradler | Ulla von Brandenburg | Karin Karina Bühler | Angela Bulloch | Notta Caflisch | Carmen Casty | Claudia Calegari | Francesco Clemente | Wim Delvoye | Dušan Džamonja | Keith Farquhar | Antonio de Felipe | Lucio Fontana | Beate Frommelt | Heino Heimann | Lori Hersberger | David Hockney | Patricia Jegher | Imibala Foundation | Jan Kaeser | Martin Kippenberger | David Koenig | Constant Könz | Lenny Kravitz | Oliver Kruse | David LaChapelle | Peter Lindbergh | Richard Long | Marino Marini | Joseph Marr | Almira Medaric | Daniel Meuli | Mathieu Mercier | Vik Muniz | Nghia Nuyen | Arno Oehri | Ursula Palla | Camillo Paravicini | Hannes&Petruschka | Markus Raetz | Christian Schmidt-Rasmussen | Pipilotti Rist | François du Plessis | Mimmo Rotella | Tom Sachs | Ines Marita Schärer | Julian Schnabel | Tom Schmelzer | Jos Schmid | Mazina Schmidlin-Könz | Luis Schmidlin | Chiharu Shiota Gaudenz Signorell | Annina Thomann | Luca Trevisani | James Turell | Vladimir Veličković | Hannes and Petruschka Vogel | Florian Wagner | Wang Yin | Heimo Zoberning
List of galleries: Galerie Karsten Greve | Galerie Robilant + Voena | Galleria Monica de Cardenas, Zuoz | Galerie Peter Vann | Galleria Maurizio in Maloja | Galerie Freitag 1830 im Hotel Bernina 1865, Samedan | Hotel Castell, Zuoz | Photo Art Gallery, Zuoz | Plattner & Plattner Art Gallery | Stalla Madulain
Partners & Sponsors: Cartier | Montblanc | Pirelli
With kind support from: Kempinski Grand Hotel des Bains St. Moritz | Kulm Hotel St. Moritz | Hotel Suvretta House |Badrutt’s Palace
Media partners: Radio Monte Carlo | TASCHEN
More information about this year’s arts and culture festival ST. MORITZ ART MASTERS can be found on the website www.stmoritzartmasters.com, which is being updated regularly.
For further press information & interviews please contact email@example.com